Sunday 9 August 2020

Single-Handed Sailing

After rigging the boat last Sunday and changed the bent turnbuckle. I really wanted to sail this Sunday. Unfortunately, no fellow sailor could be found. Everyone had other appointments or wanted to sail their own boat. So I decided to sail alone. The wind was weak. Only 2 Beaufort. It shouldn't be a big problem. But when I wanted to set the mainsail on the Elbe, problems arose. Although I had fixed the tiller with a rope, the boat turned into the wind every time I let go of the tiller to operate the main halyard. I had to keep jumping back and forth between the tiller and the halyard. After the sails were set, I was done.
After I recovered, I considered resolving the problem.
The solution could be a tiller pilot.
I decided to start doing market research right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment